01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: The Complete Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Leah Moore, JohnReppion, and Erica Awano 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Complete Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Leah Moore, JohnReppion, and Erica Awano

34

The Complete Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, Leah Moore et al. ~Goodreads~
Published by Dynamite Entertainment 2010
Paperback edition 184 pages ~Book Depository~

Thank you to the publisher for sending me this graphic novel via Netgalley for an honest review.

Dynamite Entertainment takes readers down the rabbit hole and into the astonishing world of Lewis Carroll with The Complete Alice in Wonderland. This comic book adaption of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Written by John Reppion and Leah Moore, illustrated by Erica Awano, and based on the original story by Lewis Carroll.


Okay so I love the story of Alice in Wonderland, a great book full of crazy and I read it quite a while ago. Again I rated it a three star, not because it's not good but I think at the time I found the language to be difficult for my age to understand. With this graphic novel it was perfectly told and above all else but I felt let down by the illustrations.

I was expecting bright, confusing colours that would make me feel giddy, but it was very much a traditional style of art with a kind of anime edge to it. The illustrations were great but I guess I set myself up for something much different, and I commend Erica for such lovely drawings- particularly of the White Rabbit.

I would recommend reading this graphic novel on the basis that its easy and fun to read, and it doesn't leave out parts of the much loved story by Lewis Carroll. I think it's a great starting point for younger readers to pick up before attempting to read the original story!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38