01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Surprise Package \ Everyone Brave Is Forgiven 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Surprise Package \ Everyone Brave Is Forgiven

34


Well! I wasn't expecting this package to be brought to my door this morning, I'm in complete shock to receive this from Sceptre. I thought, is this really for me? Then I saw my name on the label of this adorable suitcase, what I can describe as a look-a-like case that would have been used during WWII during the evacuation of children to the countryside...





The National Registration Identity Card, an important document to prove who you were that I would imagine had to be carried with you everywhere during such an unpredictable time. If you were separated, bombed etc this would inform those who found you of who you are and where you come from so they could contact your next of kin.

 
An interesting replica of a ration card that would have got me some grub...not that I would have had much mind you, but waste not want not! You certainly wouldn't have got a coupon for a double pounder...


A little too organised for me, a ticket holder to make sure you kept them safe on your journey to the countryside- a handy wallet to have when showing the ticket man! I find it amazing how different the language was used to order tickets such as "halves" (I'm still not sure what it means- oops!).


Now we're getting to the good stuff, homemade blackberry jam! I mean the cute pot alone was enough for me to go "aww", I'm excited to give it a taste in the next couple of days...



Well now the nail has been hit on the head FUDGE! I'm not sure if this was a necessity but certainly a great treat, although making it last on a train journey would prove difficult to me haha!


Onto more important matters...what's that book called? Well, it's 'Everyone Brave Is Forgiven' a book by Chris Cleave the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling book 'Little Bee'.

"It's 1939 and Mary, a young socialite, is determined to shock her blueblood political family by volunteering for the war effort. She is assigned as a teacher to children who were evacuated from London and have been rejected by the countryside because they are infirm, mentally disabled, or- like Mary's favourite student, Zachary- have coloured skin.

Tom, an education administrator, is distraught when his best friend, Alastair, elists. Alastair, an art restorer, has always seemed far removed from the violent life to which he has now condemned himself. But Tom finds distraction in Mary, first as her employer and then as their relationship quickly develops in the emotionally charged times. When Mary meets Alastair, the three are drawn into a tragic love triangle and- while war escalates and bombs begin falling around them- further into a new world unlike any they're ever known."- Goodreads


This just sounds like my cup of rosy lee! I'm beyond excited to get started on this book and to share with you all of my thoughts, I want to say thank you SO much again to Sceptre for sending me this ARC and for all the delightful goodies!

Everyone Brave Is Forgiven is set to be released on May 3rd 2016- pre-order here: Book Depository


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38