01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling/Re-Read 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling/Re-Read

34


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K Rowling ~Goodreads~
Published by Bloomsbury 1997
Paperback edition 352 pages ~The Book Depository~


I'm taking part in the #HarryXmasToYou Harry Potter read-a-long this year and I finished book one last night and I just forgot how amazing it is! I'm also really tempted to go back to the studios next year to get more chocolate frogs and goodies!

 

When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he's the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord's curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous- or both.
 


I think it's obvious how this review is going to go...

Having not re-read Harry Potter for a few years now I decided 2015 would be there year...


 

For me the Harry Potter series is for every child and adult may I add! I say this because in no way are these books childish, if anything they're mature and therefore not cheesy or ridiculous. Rowling treats every character with importance, all of them bring something different to the story and that's what I admire. Linking to this I forgot how much more Neville appears in the books compared with the films- Neville is awesome!

After the revelation that Harry is in fact a wizard from our friendly giant Hagrid, Harry is whisked away to the world of Hogwarts where he begins his journey into becoming a young wizard. Famous as he is, Harry has no problems making friends and even has the bull to stand up to those who are clearly his enemy- ahem Draco Malfoy.

Harry, Ron and Hermione's first adventure leads them to the forbidden corridor of the third floor hidden amongst the ever changing staircases. After a robbery at the wizard bank Gringotts, a mysterious package is being hidden in the depths of Hogwarts and Harry and his friends are stopping at nothing to reach the object before the mysterious Professor Snape does- but all is not quite as they pieced together...

Promoting friendships and their importance really shines through this book that it make you go all warm and fuzzy inside. I adore each of the characters, even the moody Professor Snape. The book captures your imagination from start to finish by a hint of mystery and a lot of laughs keeping you turning the pages until you get to the very end and realise you need to grab the next book quickly!

I thoroughly enjoyed this re-read and I loved all the little details I forgot about- there seems to always be something that magic's itself into my mind again!


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38