01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Ten Authors I'm Thankful For 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Ten Authors I'm Thankful For

34
Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


It's been a long while since I've done a Top Ten Tuesday, I've been abducted by uni work so I do apologise! As the run up to Christmas I will be posting a lot more frequently and I honestly can't wait. I've been missing blogging a lot recently, I've been stuck in one of them awkward phases where I want to blog but I don't have the time or an idea of what to blog about and I don't like blogging for the sake of it! Anyhow, I'm back and here are my Top Ten Authors I'm Thankful For...


  A.A Milne

I'm thankful to A.A. Milne for getting me into reading books in the first place. Winnie the Pooh is a treasure, a teddy bear I still hold dear to my heart and always will. That bear taught me the importance of friendship, demonstrated with his best friend Piglet. 
No doubt I will tell the adventures of Winnie the Pooh to my own children just like my own Mother did.



Beatrix Potter

I'm thankful to Beatrix Potter for allowing little me to grow up gracefully; learning to look after my own belongings, learn right from wrong, to show others respect and to help those I can. These life lessons were taught to me at an early age through the stories of Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Tom Kitten and many more.



J.K Rowling

I'm thankful to J.K Rowling for igniting magic into my childhood, the Harry Potter series taught me the importance of education, family and friends are everything, embrace your individuality and that you can do anything if you really put your mind to it. Her books have given me the confidence I never thought I would be able to obtain, she's a special woman that will live in my heart forever and this love will be passed on to my own children. The day I begin reading them Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone will be truly special day indeed.



Helen Fielding

I'm thankful to Helen Fielding for creating one of my most favourite fictional characters, Bridget Jones the woman every girl can relate to. Helen taught me that drinking an excess amount of vodka is perfectly fine when I've been fucked over by someone who isn't worth my time. I shouldn't put myself down because nobody is perfect and mistakes happen, and you should learn to love who you are and regardless of age there's someone out there who will like you just the way you are...


 



David Levithan

I'm thankful to David Levithan for contributing to the LGBT literature community. He has aided my understanding of sexuality and that love comes in all shapes and sizes, and we should never be afraid of expressing who we are because those that care matter.
 



David Nicholls

I'm thankful to David Nicholls for writing one of my favourite books, One Day. Dex and Em, Em and Dex, they're characters that I could relate to with my own relationships. He taught me that if something is meant to happen then it will, it may take time and not be easy to achieve but it will be worth it in the end. 



Jane Austen

I'm thankful for Jane Austen because she created strong women characters that spoke their own minds, they weren't afraid to stand up for their rights and wants in life. Her characters, Elizabeth and Emma as well as the other memorable women of her books they all taught me of equality, that everyone should be respected the same and that women are just as capable of doing things men can do.
 



Gillian Flynn 

I'm thankful for Gillian Flynn because she gave me Gone Girl, a new genre to extend my reading. I don't think I would have picked up Gone Girl if it wasn't for it being thrown into my face and I'm so grateful for it. Now I am more prone to try new and different books I wouldn't have picked up beforehand.



George Orwell

I'm thankful for George Orwell for producing political writing in a way that made it easier for me to understand historical politics, he brings truth into his writing despite it being fictional. He was creative in his thinking and has brought out the political side of me, I look at situations from outside the box and think of things very differently. He's opened my mind to new possibilities.




J.D Salinger

I'm thankful for J.D Salinger for creating one of the most relatable character I have ever come across from his most renowned work The Catcher In The Rye. Holden a young man who refuses to accept the transition into adulthood of a fearful unpredictable world. Reading this at a time of my own worries of what to do next in my life was certainly a great comfort, it was as if Holden was speaking directly from my mind and that for me is something rather wonderful about literature.


This was perhaps one of my favourite TTT posts ever! Although us Brits don't celebrate Thanksgiving (I wish we would) I'm glad to give thanks to these wonderful writers as each and every one of them has developed my literature horizons. 

Are you thankful for these authors? Which authors are you personally thankful for? Tell me your thoughts and other things you're thankful for in the comments below!
Happy Thanksgiving my overseas friends and to everyone reading this now, I wish you all the happiness you deserve.


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38