01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3) 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection #3)

34
 

The One by Kiera Cass ~Goodreads~
Published by HarperCollins UK 2014
Paperback edition 336 pages ~The Book Depository~


  
The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown- or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose- and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.


 

Oh my gosh, so many feels in this book! America has finally reached the finishing line, her feelings for Maxon are what she wants to carry out and she's determined to fight to win his love and to earn his trust. This isn't made easy by the King throwing every obstacle he can in her way, but America certainly doesn't give up easily...

 
It felt like everything I disliked in The Elite had been resolved and my perceptions of so many characters change, more so with Celeste. I'm so glad she came out of her shell and expressed her true self, its kind of sad this relationship she had with America didn't blossom more. However, the girl power factor of this book was strong throughout, I especially loved the part where they have a girly evening and take the classic sleepover pictures and boys not allowed code!

I still feel the whole story of Illea's past isn't all revealed in this book, we find out some shocking revelations regarding some behind the scenes characters so to speak but I wanted it to elaborate just a bit more. Despite this, I loved all the action and suspense the story holds regarding the rebels attacking and the risks that curiosity holds.

What I would say about this whole trilogy in general is for once I don't like the guys in it, Maxon and Aspen to me both seem like jerks. I realise no one is perfect and this is great to portray in a book, I didn't want it to be all fluffy and perfect etc but really I wanted to knock some sense into America and be like no find someone better, but obviously this would have been the ultimate let down and bombshell for most lovers of this trilogy. I gave this book a four star rating because its realistic and not smooth-edged its, believable and a fun read with non-stop action and revelations! However, I felt that there were some unanswered questions for myself regarding the history of the rebels, their formation etc.

I'm unsure of reading The Heir due to reading mixed reviews, but perhaps sometime I'll get to it with a fresh and open mind and possibly the hope of being enlightened with regards to my unanswered questions concerning the rebel groups!




 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38