01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: The Elite by Kiera Cass 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Elite by Kiera Cass

34
 
 The Elite by Kiera Cass ~Goodreads~
Published by HarperCollins UK 2013
Paperback edition pages ~The Book Depository~


The Selection began with thirty-five girls.

Now with the group narrowed down to six Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever- and America is still struggling to decide where her heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want- and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

 


So after finishing The Selection within a few days I was anxious to begin The Elite however, it didn't quite meet up to my hyped expectations. Overall I did enjoy it, I felt that the whole Maxon or Aspen decision to be rather annoying. I ended up concluding that neither of them were worth her time, I mean Aspen ditched her to begin with and then basically stalks her by getting a job in the palace...
Then we have Maxon who's actually not much better than Aspen, I guess he wins in a way because dur he's the Prince! Even so, the last quarter of the book changed my opinion of him being this dashing flirty Prince so watch out for that. I'm interesting to see how his character develops in One.

Despite all this I loved the book, I'm still itching to know the ins and outs of what the Northern and Southern rebels are aiming to achieve. Are they wanting to overthrow the royal family and become a republic?

I loved the girl power this book carried on from The Selection, although I'm still begging for Maxon to get rid of Celeste- she is awful! I've come to dislike Kriss now, she seems sweet and sugar coated on the inside but I found her to be obsessed with herself in this book. 

Throughout the book we get to know the contestants more as well as some history on the royal family, again Cass has left us with more speculation as the legitimacy of the throne.

Surprisingly a solid second installment, normally with series I tend to find them as like a "filler chapter" but definitely not with The Elite and it holds a lot of promise for the next book One. I really believe that this book will finally kick into action and all my questions will be answered, although I realise The Heir follows on so who knows if my expectations of revelations will be shattered! 

I'm still in shock of how much I'm enjoying this series, despite my doubts at first it's a series that has me hooked and I love it!







Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38