01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas

34

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas ~Goodreads~
Published by Bloomsbury 2013
Paperback edition 418 pages ~Book Depository~



Celaena Sardothien, royal assassin, is the King of Adarlan's deadliest weapon. She must win her freedom through his enemies' blood- but she cannot bear to kill for the crown. And every death Celaena fakes, every lie she tells, put those she loves at risk.

Torn between her two protectors- a captain and a prince- and battling a dark force far greater than the king, Celaena must decide what she will fight for; her liberty, her heart or the fate of a kingdom...



Oh my gosh! I didn't think this series could get better than Throne of Glass but boy I was so wrong, Crown of Midnight has stamped hard onto it's prequel and blown me away with its brilliance...

 
Like with it's prequel this book is incredibly fast paced, once I got going it was incredibly hard to put it down before I came rushing back to it. The plot as got a lot more intense and complex, various things going on all at once that somehow are linking together. I found this book a lot more bloodthirsty and not so focussed on the love triangle between Celaena, Dorian, and Chaol. We meet old enemies as well as new, trust is broken between friends and lovers in the most hurtful way- I really felt for Celaena but it goes to show that deep down she is an incredibly strong person and is able to control her emotions and do what is best for everyone even if the circumstances are unforgivable. 

We see Celaena a few months after the end of Throne of Glass hunting down those wanted by the king, only one of them is an old friend of her's leaving her in a dilemma. What I loved most about this book was that it was brutal at times and quite terrifying, it left me hanging onto each word. As the story progresses the main revelation is a secret the king is hiding from his kingdom that could have serious consequences, with Celaena the only one who knows it could be up to her to prevent these events from happening- so juicy!

In some scenes of the book I had remind myself of who some people were and what their relation to the other characters were, but I think in a way it gave me time to piece everything together and gave me a real shock with the outcome of this book- just simply oh my god!

I'm so so excited to carry on with this series and what Celaena gets up to next, if you still haven't picked up this series I seriously suggest you do it's fantastic!





Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38