01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Made For You by Melissa Marr 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Made For You by Melissa Marr

34

Made For You by Melissa Marr ~Goodreads~
Published by HarperCollins 2015
Kindle edition 373 pages ~Amazon~

Many thanks to HarperCollins for sending me this ARC! 


Eva Tilling wakes up in the hospital to discover an attempt has been made on her life. But who in her sleepy town could have hit her with their car? And why? Before she can consider the question, she finds that she's awoken with a strange new skill: the ability to foresee people's deaths when they touch her.

While she is recovering from the hit-and-run, Nate, an old friend, reappears, and the two must traverse their rocky past as they figure out how to use Eva's power to keep her friends- and themselves- alive. But the killer is obsessed and will stop at nothing to get Eva...


I'm a big fan of psychological thrillers and boy I didn't expect Made For You to be this good! I confess I'm new to Melissa Marr's writing, but this murder mystery set in a small town in North Carolina was right up my street! Ever since  reading Gone Girl, I really like messed up books- bit weird? Oh well!

This book isn't just a murder mystery with a bunch of weirdos in it, no it does have a romantic side only one relationship is a little bit more screwed up than the other.

We have Eva who is the victim of this story and is knocked down by a car, an accident that was intended to happen that leads to a spiral of bad happenings to her friends. One positive outcome of this book was when Eva is reunited with an old childhood friend Nate who she's had a crush on since forever. They have a realistic connection that isn't instant and even better, it doesn't take over the whole book to bore you to tears! Nate is cute, and incredibly supportive of Eva's recovery and of discovering who her potential killer was.

As the novel progresses, Eva has visions of her friends' death when they touch her. Whether this is from the outcome of her accident, possibly. But even if Eva feels like she's going mad, these visions could save her and her friends life from someone in her own close group of friends. Unknown throughout most of the novel, I originally thought it was Nate- so it just shows that this story isn't so predictable as I thought it was going to be (silly me!). 

The killer himself believes that him and Eva are meant to me together and will stop at nothing to get her, he goes far as murdering those he's known all his life. Yeah...

After reading this novel, I'm now sleeping with one eye open...perhaps keeping your friends close may not always be the best idea!

There was plenty of suspense throughout and continually kept me guessing, at times deeply disturbing and completely mind-blowing when reading the perspective of the killer. I'm glad I didn't understand his thoughts at all haha.

This being said, although this novel was a quick read for me that took over my mind, not an awful lot happened. Instead of a couple of months it felt like this book was set over a couple of days. I think my rating would be higher if perhaps it was more twisty and lasting a longer amount of time than a few months- it would give it more suspense perhaps? Normally I love fast paced books, but for whatever reason I wanted this book to be more prolonged. Other than that, I can't fault this book!

Definitely deserving of a three star rating and I'm most certainly going to check out Melissa Marr again!




Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38