01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare

34

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments #3) by Cassandra Clare ~Goodreads~
Published by Walker Books 2009
Paperback 541 pages ~The Book Depository~

*WARNING THIS REVIEW IS MORE THAN LIKELY TO CONTAIN SPOILERS, PLEASE DON'T READ DUE TO SPOILING THIS WONDERFUL SERIES- YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :-)*


To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters; never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realises exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City whatever the cost?


I'm going to put this out there now, it goes without saying that I can elaborate so much with this review so it may appear to be short and rather vague but hey I don't want to spoil the series for anyone who's only just started, but let me tell you this book is my favourite in the series so far my gosh!

Twists?! I barely could comprehend all of what was going on with this book, yes it looks like a huge book to read but I finished it within three days. I didn't want to put it down! There was never a dull moment, Cassandra Clare had my full attention throughout and her plot twists had me gasping for breath and sharing a tear or two of relief and sorrow.

My favourite character Simon as expected was witty as ever and now that he's a badass vampire, it makes him even more so! Saying that, I felt that this book held so much development of the characters compared with the second book. Even the introduction of even more new characters, it wasn't overbearing and confusing to keep up with which I was grateful for- sometimes I find it hard to keep track of who's who!

Despite me loving this book so much and giving it a five star rating, I did feel perhaps that this could have been the end of the series- is that bad to say? Yes it does have an open ending obviously because there's three more books in the series but for me it could have just ended quite happily with this book. I'm not disappointed by this but I'm slightly concerned that this world is going to come tumbling down on itself and I won't like the overall ending to this series! I'm desperately hoping that this isn't the case as I flew through this book in anticipation of what could possibly happen next, I'll be sure not to leave it too long to carry onto book four City of Fallen Angels I'm intrigued as to what the world of Shadowhunters has in store next!



Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38