01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who I Would Want To Be Like In A Book 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who I Would Want To Be Like In A Book

34

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Happy Tuesday everyone! How are we all doing today? I've become a bit of a gardener these past couple of weeks, I'm growing some vegetables in my Mum's greenhouse and I hope I have some success. A few personal matters were bothering me last week and I've distanced myself from some people which in a way sucks, but I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. 

Anyway, this week I kind of struggled with the topic for TTT. I couldn't come up with an original idea but here are my top ten books that feature characters I'd want to be like in a book- in no particular order! :-)


Sherlock Holmes  (Arthur Conan Doyle)

There's something awesome about Sherlock, an iconic figure; he's witty, intelligent, and he knows it! I want to solve crimes with Dr Watson and search across London for clues. 


Winston Smith (1984- George Orwell)

From George Orwell's book Nineteen Eighty Four, I want to experience for myself what it would be like to be oppressed in a society where you're programmed to believe only what a "higher" figure wants me to believe in and whether I would be rebellious or obedient. 


Cormoran Strike (Cuckoo's Calling/The Silkworm Robert Galbraith)

My favourite detective after Sherlock of course, Comoran Strike has the relaxed approach to mysteries and I'm more than definitely laid back and perhaps a little tiny bit of a slob. I just love his own persona and relaxed approach, he gets there in the end even if you haven't a clue where he gets his ideas from. I'd love to be mysterious like him and for people to look at me in total surprise of my intelligence behind the rugged appearance.


Hermione Granger (Harry Potter J.K Rowling)

Not a lot of explanation needs to be said here, who wouldn't want to be a beautiful, intelligent badass witch who gets Ron Weasley?


Jo March (Little Women Louisa May Alcott)

Jo stands for what she believes in and has the determination to achieve her dreams, although a bit clumsy she has a broad imagination and means well despite her bad temper at times!


Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins)

Independent, strong and loyal Katniss. I love her determination to fight for what's right and intelligent enough to fool those older and supposedly wiser than herself. 


Arya Stark (Game of Thrones George R.R. Martin)

Arya is definitely me when I was a kid, I didn't want to be all girly wearing dresses. I wanted to be brave and strong, I even considered joining the Army when I was younger- but that's another funny story!


Artful Dodger (Oliver Twist Charles Dickens)

To live in one of my favourite eras, Victorian London. Amongst the wheelers and dealers, to survive by pick-pocketing the rich folk. Dodger is a crafty boy with such charm and loyalty. His relationship with Fagin is one of my favourites in literature.


Emma Morley (One Day David Nicholls)

One of my favourite characters ever, not only do we share the same name but the same taste in men. Although Dexter wasn't the kindest man to Emma at times, their friendship turned into something beautiful. Any Dexter's out there? Hit me up! (joking...kind of!)


Amy Dunne (Gone Girl Gillian Flynn)

Okay so a nasty character? Well who wouldn't want to be the villain at least once? Amy Dunne is feisty and definitely a little "off her head" shall we say? I think it must have been at least a little bit fun to plot against your own husband after finding he cheated on you?...Not even a bit? Okay perhaps I'm the only one..I promise I'm lovely and not crazy!


I know my TTT is a little different because I'm not posting the book covers but I think sometimes it puts us off buying books- which really it shouldn't! Anyhow, there we have it my lovelies, I hope you're having a wonderful day :-)



Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38