01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors

34

Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

Can you believe its nearly the end of April already guys? I don't know where this year is disappearing to! Anyway this week's Top Ten Tuesday proved to be a difficult one for me, I have a great love for many authors so here they are in no particular order as that would be impossible!


Hans Christian Andersen

A Danish author and poet and is perhaps most well known for his fairy tales such as The Little Mermaid and The Ugly Duckling. His stories have inspired plays, ballets, and both live-action and animated films.
I adore Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales, they bring me fond memories of my childhood and I know for sure I will read them to my own children some day! 


~


J.K Rowling

This wonderful lady needs no introduction I'm sure! Not only did she provide in my opinion the best children's books of my generation but now she's branched out into crime novels too. There's no doubt in my mind that I will read this woman's works for as long as she puts pen to paper. I'm yet to start the second Cormoran Strike book, The Silkworm!


~



Oscar Wilde

An Irish playwright, poet and author of short stories and one novel. Known for his biting wit, he became one of the most successful playwrights of the late Victorian era in London, and one of the greatest celebrities of his day.
Although I may have only read The Picture of Dorian Gray and recently, Lord Arthur Savile's Crime, I adore Wilde's writing an awful lot. His writing is honest and yet humourous too. I'm looking forward to reading his plays such as The Importance of Being Earnest.


~


Andrew Kaufman

Not only an author but Kaufman is also an accomplished screenwriter, film-maker and radio producer, living in Toronto, Canada. His first book All My Friends Are Superheroes is perhaps the most wonderful, clever book I've read in a long time. Though they maybe fairly short books, they're imaginative and what I call "outside the box." I've read The Tiny Wife too and it was equally as great as AMFAS, I simply can't wait to read more from this author!


~


David Levithan

An American children's book editor and award-winning author. I fell in love with Levithan's writing when I picked up Every Day and read it within a few hours, yes it was that amazing! I'm itching to get hold of all of his works, he just has the amazing ability of grabbing hold of your attention. If you haven't given his books a try, I strongly suggest you do!


~


Jane Austen

An English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature. I love Austen's wit and commentary when she describes her characters, especially those who are very much disliked. I've just begun re-reading her works although strangely I will be reading Pride and Prejudice for the first time- I know I'm not sure why that is but still I can't wait!


~


John Green

I don't think John needs any introduction but he is an American author of young adult fiction, YouTube video blogger, historian and creator of online educational videos. Perhaps most famous for his books, Looking for Alaska and The Fault In Our Stars. I've read all of John's works and I'm waiting on him to write more, I'm sure the majority of you have read one of his works but I strongly recommend them all! These are my favourites.


~


David Nicholls

A British author, screenwriter and actor. He wrote one of my most favourite books ever, One Day. I've read all of his books apart from his latest one, Us. I think it will take a lot to beat One Day but Starter For Ten was rather humourous and relatable too! I'm intrigued to see what Us has to offer. 


~

Beatrix Potter

An English writer, illustrator and conservationist who was best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.
I remember my mum reading be these short stories to me as a child and enjoying each and every one of them. The illustrations Beatrix had done herself which make them even more delightful to read. I think I still have the whole collection somewhere safe as I'd like to keep them for my future children to read.


~


Ian McEwan

An English author that has been shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize for Fiction numerous times, I read Atonement many years ago now and adored it so much that I kept picking up McEwan's books but me being me I haven't got round to them yet. I started Sweet Tooth on a train journey, so it shall be finished eventually! I continually hear so many great things about his books.


So there you have it everyone, these are my Top Ten All Time Favourite Authors! No doubt I've probably forgotten one that I love equally as much of these, I've enjoyed sharing these with you and I can't wait to see all your TTT's this week. Leave your links in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out.

I hope you're all having a wonderful day :-)



Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38