01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Stacking The Shelves- Week 3 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Stacking The Shelves- Week 3

34

Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews

It's the weekend everyone! I hope you're having a great one, I had work today but it went fairly quick! I'm actually considering changing my hours to during the week, I feel that everything happens on the weekend- so annoying! Anyhow here are the books I've recently added to my to-be-read list on my Goodreads shelves...


One snowy night Arthur Leander, a famous actor, has a heart attack onstage during a production of King Lear, Jeevan Chaudary, a paparazzo-turned- EMT, is in the audience and leaps to his aid. A child actress named Kirsten Raymonde watches in horror as Jeevan performs CPR, pumping Arthur's chest as the curtain drops, but Arthur is dead. That same night, as Jeevan walks home from the theater, a terrible flu begins to spread. Hospitals are flooded and Jeevan and his brother barricade themselves inside an apartment, watching out the window as cars clog the highways, gunshots ring out, and life disintegrates around them.

Fifteen years later, Kirsten is an actress with the Traveling Symphony. Together, this small troupe moves between the settlements of an altered world, performing Shakespeare and music for scattered communities of survivors. Written on their caravan, and tattooed on Kirsten's arm is a line from Star Trek: "Because survival is insufficient." But when they arrive in St. Deborah by the Water, they encounter a violent prophet who digs graves for anyone who dares to leave. (Source)

This book is haunting me, everywhere I go its there staring at me and now that I own it I need to start reading- the synopsis has me intrigued!


Not all princesses get their happily ever after...

They tell me I killed my boyfriend Phillip in cold blood. I stabbed him twenty one times. I'm only seventeen years old, and I am serving life in Spindle Ridge Asylum for the Criminally Insane.
I don't remember killing him, so it's really hard to believe I'm capable of murder. In fact I don't remember anything before I came to Spindle Ridge, not even my boyfriend.
I can only grasp onto my realistic dreams while the madness of the asylum threatens to pull me under. I dream I'm a beautiful princess and there is an evil faerie named Maleficent who is bent on my destruction.
The dreams are the closest thing I have to memories of my life, except they aren't real.
I'm crazy. I'm not a princess.
They're the mad illusions of an irrational teenage girl, right?
They've assigned me a new doctor, and she says I can trust her, and that she'll help me see the truth of who I really am.
When she arrived she brought a new patient, Sawyer, who is everything Spindle Ridge isn't: exciting, mysterious and beautiful. He promises he's here to rescue me. Trusting either of them frightens me. Could it be possible that my dreams are more than just the imaginings of a delusional girl? Could they be truth? (Source)

Who doesn't love retelling's?! Sleeping Beauty too? Sounds perfect to me!


When she least expects it, sixteen year-old Holly Burton's unremarkable life is shaken to the core. A vision of the mother Holly never knew leaves her questioning everything she believes.
Eager for answers, Holly enrolls at a boarding school for highly gifted students in Wolfebane, New Hampshire. But Holly's complicated life worsens when she accidentally transports to a parallel existence where she's confronted by a dark and ancient evil.
With the help of Joss, a sexy alpha warrior sworn to protect her, and her new BFF, the equally swoon-worthy Quinn, Holly faces her fears and an unlikely adversary in a showdown that is worse than anything she could've possibly imagined...(Source)

Parallel worlds? Sounds fun, exciting, scary and awesome all at once! Thank you Ben for the recommendation!


Every day is the same for Rhiannon. She has accepted her life, convinced herself that she deserves her distant, temperamental boyfriend, Justin, even established guidelines by which to live: Don't be too needy. Avoid upsetting him. Never get your hopes up.

Until the morning everything changes. Justin seems to see her, to want to be with her for the first time, and they share a perfect day- a perfect day Justin doesn't remember the next morning. Confused, depressed and desperate for another day as great as that one, Rhiannon starts questioning everything. Then, one day, a stranger tells her that the Justin she spent that day with, the one who made her feel like a real person..wasn't Justin at all. (Source)

Okay, so if you didn't know already. I LOVED Every Day the first installment of this duo. Now from Rhiannon's perspectives I'm anticipating more tears and love for David Levithan's wonderful writing! 


Jason has a problem. He doesn't remember anything before walking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They're all students at a boarding school for "bad kids." What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn't understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn't recognise her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she's going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there's weird stuff, too- like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them- including Leo- is related to a god. (Source)

So yeah confession, I've never read any of Rick Riordan's books. Not only do I need this series but the Percy Jackson series too. I think I'm more than late to this party but I genuinely can't wait to read this! What do you suggest I read first, this series or Percy Jackson? Let me know!

There we have it guys, these are the latest books I've added to my Goodreads shelves- feel free to add me as a friend on there I love talking books with you all! 

Have you read any of these books before and could recommend me one to read first? Tell me in the comments- hope you're all having a great weekend! :-)


Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38