01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: Wreckage by Emily Bleeker 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Wreckage by Emily Bleeker

34


Wreckage by Emily Bleeker ~Goodreads~
Published by Lake Union Publishing 2015
Kindle 305 pages ~The Book Depository~


I had the privilege of getting hold of this novel before its release because of 'Amazon First', anyone can sign up to this mailing list on the Amazon website itself and it gives you a choice of I think three books at a reduced price. These are selected so readers can experience them before its even been released - a great opportunity for book lovers like me! So my February choice was this, 'Wreckage' by Emily Bleeker and what a read it was...


Lillian Linden is a liar. On the surface, she looks like a brave survivor of a plane crash. But she's been lying to her family, her friends, and the whole world since rescue helicopters scooped her and her fellow survivor, Dave Hall, off a deserted island in the South Pacific. Missing for almost two years, the castaways are thrust into the spotlight after their rescue, becoming media darlings overnight. But they can't tell the real story- so they lie.

The public is fascinated by the castaways' saga, but Lillian and Dave must return to their lives and their spouses. Genevieve Randall- a hard-nosed journalist and host of a news program- isn't buying it. She suspects Lillian's and Dave's explanations about the other crash survivors aren't true. And now, Genevieve's determined to get the real story, no matter how many lives it destroys.

In this intriguing tale of survival, secrets, and redemption, two everyday people thrown together by tragedy must finally face the truth...even if it tears them apart.



From reading the synopsis of this book on the Amazon website, I was immediately intrigued by Wreckage.The thought of being in a plane crash and having to survive on a secluded island is just completely unimaginable- one of those rare tragedies in which few would survive.

This story had a great plot intertwining romance, desperation, confusion and a twist. Although some aspects may have been predictable at times with the two main characters Lily and Dave falling in love, I was however initially surprised when you're enlightened by the character Paul who you aren't enlightened to know until the last quarter of the book. Once I was enlightened it all seemed to make sense.

It's one of those books where it unravels as you read-a-long, you're told one secret and then more are awoken and this is what kept me reading this book! You're met by the media and start interviewer Genevieve Randall a cunning journalist trying to squeeze out the secrets and lies held by both Lily and Darren as to how they survived living on a uninhabitable desert island in the middle of the South Pacific. If anything she reminded me of Rita Skeeter from the Harry Potter series, a deviant woman trying to bring out juicy details her grand public would pay good money to read and watch!

The ending I was somewhat surprised about, again not as predictable as I thought in the beginning but the characters morals were in the right place- in my opinion! I have to confess, one character I thought could have done with a bit more of toughening up was Jerry, Lily's husband. I felt he was rather too accepting in the circumstances he was faced with, I'm not sure I could have been so laid back in his shoes.

Overall I enjoyed this book very much, hence why it didn't take me long to read it! If anything its made me want to re-watch the television series Lost! 

This book definitely deserves a three and a half stars from me and I can't wait to read more of what Emily Bleeker has to offer. :)


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38