01 02 03 Emma's Bookery: My Harry Potter Book Night 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My Harry Potter Book Night

34

Last night was Harry Potter Book Night, I was sat here in bed joining in with my own private Harry Potter Book Night Party! 

Lots of events much more active than mine, were held across the world tonight are celebrating the anniversary of these unforgettable books written by the wonderful woman who wrote them- J.K Rowling. 

Even though I didn't attend an "event" as such, I had a hot chocolate and my Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book ready to look back on the memories I hold with this book and the whole series in general.


I can't remember how old I was but fairly young. I would imagine around the age of eight perhaps. Dad had brought home the book one day and said "I've been told this is the latest book that every child is reading at the moment." 

I can recall the day I properly sat down and begun reading this book. Me and my family were away on one of our infamous caravan holidays, probably somewhere in Dorset most likely- not in summer as we could only afford out of season holidays. Nevertheless, these holidays hold such fond memories of my childhood and reading Harry Potter was one of them. 

From what I can remember it must have been a miserable day, too wet to go out and do something. Me and my older brother Joe were in our little room in the caravan messing around, when I picked up this book and asked him whether we could read it together. I could read one chapter and he would read the next, so we could take it in turns.

Joe read the first chapter and the world of Harry Potter had begun, we didn't stop reading for hours until dinner was ready so we were forced to have a break from it. Soon afterwards me and Joe disappeared back to our room and carried on from where we left off. It's not just the memory of reading the book that was nice, but the fact me and my brother were spending proper quality time together- normally we would be fighting over something silly like siblings do. 

Some aspects of the book that the films missed out were the little things I enjoyed the most, like the character of Peeves! 

If you haven't read the books before and only seen the films, I strongly urge you to do so. I promise you can't not like these books! Every detail is just effortlessly beautiful, every character is special and you soon grow attached to them as if you're a student at Hogwarts too. I hope my children and their children etc will read these books, so they can experience the world of Harry Potter like I did.

Enough from me, I'm now about to catch the Hogwarts Express from platform nine and three-quarters I don't want to be late! 

So here, enjoy some of my favourite quotes from the first book:

"You're a wizard, Harry."

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother?"

"Swish and flick."

"Oh, HONESTLY, don't you two read?"

"Tut, tut- fame clearly isn't everything."

"It takes a great day of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

What are your favourite memories of Harry Potter? Got any favourite quotes from the books? Share them with me in the comments- let's talk Potter! :)


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38